1. Who We Are
2. Information Eureka Collects
In this Policy, “personal information” refers to information that can reasonably likely be used to locate, contact or determine the apparent identity of an individual and has the same meaning as “personally identifiable information” or “personal data”. Eureka processes only information which is required to provide our services in the most effective way possible and to fulfil any legal or contractual responsibilities to which we are subject. We do not collect information that we do not need or process your information in manner other as expressly explained in this Policy. We collect information in different ways depending on how you interact or engage with our Services.
Information supplied by you
Some of the information we collect is provided directly by you including for example when you purchase Eureka products on the site, create an account on the Eureka apps, contact us via contact forms on the site or through social media, subscribe to our newsletter or submit product reviews to us. Information we may collect in this way includes:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Shipping address
- Billing address
- Payment information (credit or debit card information).
Information from Sever logs and Eureka Apps
Eureka Apps and web server automatically log or collect certain information concerning your interaction with the Site or Apps. This information is only considered as personal information to the extent it can reasonably likely be used, to identify you as natural person, directly or indirectly. Information collected this way includes:
- IP address
- Unique device identifiers
- Type and version of internet browser used to access the site
- Page views
- Date, time and duration of visit.
- Eureka account ID
- Account name or username
Eureka products are designed to locate items and this functionality requires the collection of your device’s location data. Eureka will from time to collect, store and transmit anonymous location data to Eureka web servers and therefore allows you to view the approximate location of the items on map. This will enable users to identify the last place of the item and interacted with your device. Eureka may also collect anonymous location information of other Products within the Bluetooth range of your device. Individual Eureka location data will not be associated or combined with data from any other users. Eureka uses IP addresses to determine the approximate location of your device.
Eureka App Usage Information
We collect some information by tracking and recording how you interact with our Services. When you install and use the Eureka Apps, the App will send some information about the device and app usage to Eureka servers. This information includes
- Device model, operating system and version
- Date and time of requests
3. Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Users may block or decline cookies being downloaded onto their devices. You can do by configuring the cookie settings of your internet browser. You may also set to be notified when a web server attempts to save a cookie on your device. If you block all cookies from Eureka, you may not be able to use certain parts or functionality of the website.
4. Links to External Websites
We may feature links to websites and services that are owned or operated by third parties. The inclusion of those links is for convenience purpose only and does not mean we are endorsing the reliability, safety or security of those external websites. We have not control over how those website collect, use or protect your information. If you opt to follow links contained hereon, you agree that you are doing so at your own risk and accept full liability for loss or harm suffered forthwith.
5. Legal bases for collecting personal information
Eureka relies on several lawful reasons in collecting and using user’s personal information: These are
- Consent: If you voluntarily provide information in connection with a request for particular service, purchase order or to obtain specific information, we will collect and use your information so as to provide services or products requested or ordered by you.
- Contractual necessity: We will collect, use, store and or share information if it is necessary to do so in order to carry out any contract between Eureka and you.
- Legal Compliance: We may retain and disclose your information as required by law or in compliance with legal requirements to which to which are subject to including for example sales tax reporting.
- Legitimate Interest: We may use your information to send information about products or services that we believe would be of interest or benefit to you and in our legitimate interest. We will use information in this manner on the basis of an existing customer relationship. In our legitimate interest to develop, improve and promote our services, we may share certain information to third parties who help us in product delivery, website maintenance and /or customer support.
6. How We Use Your Information
In accordance with the above law grounds, we use information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our website and Appa
- To develop, improve, promote and personalize our Services
- To communicate with our users in connection with enquiries, purchase orders, customer support, and feedback.
- To identify and prevent malicious or fraudulent usage of our Services.
- To ensure compliance with our terms and conditions and other site policies.
- To process payments for purchases made on the site
7. Disclose Your Personal Information
Eureka does not share your information except where the law requires us to do or if you otherwise consent to the disclosure or where it is necessary so as to provide services requested by you. We may share information to law enforcement agencies, courts or government supervisory bodies in response to their lawful requests. We may share information to our service providers who need such information to delivers services to your on our behalf. These include for example email marketers, mail carriers and technical support and maintenance providers. All third parties affiliated with us agree to protect personal information in line with this Policy and applicable data protection laws. Eureka will not share your information for other purposes other than those stated in this Policy. We may also have to disclose information it is necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions or protect the rights of other users.
8. Your Rights
Eureka recognizes certain rights in relation to information we hold about users. If you would like to access and correct or update your information, you can do so on your profile page in the Eureka Apps. You may also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any inaccuracy in your information and we will assist to update it. Location information is an integral part of the service and cannot be modified. You can prevent our Services from collecting location information by disabling the location service on your device or denying Eureka App permission to access your location. If you opt to delete your Eureka account, all personal information, including location data, will be deleted along with except if we are permitted to retain certain information in accordance with this Policy. If you delete your user account, your Eureka device may still transmit anonymous location data to nearly Eureka devices.
Our consumers located in the EU or EEA have the following specific data rights in relation to information we collect about them.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where collection and use of your information is based on your consent, you have to recall your consent at any time and we will stop providing services or information which relied on such consent.
- Rectification of Information: Where information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may require for it to rectified or completed.
- Right to Erasure of Information: You have the right to demand the deletion of data which is erroneous or which has been collected and used unlawfully. If you withdraw consent for processing of certain data, you have the right to ask for the erasure of data to which that consent relates.
- Right to restriction of or objection to processing : Where processing is unlawful or information is erroneous, you have the right, under certain circulate, to limit or object to the processing of such information
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain a copy of your information in a structured machine-readable format and to transfer it to any third-party data controller in accordance with your consent.
9. International Data Transfers
Eureka uses third party services that may be located outside of your jurisdiction including outside of the EU for the purposes of GDPR-compliance. These include our web hosting service, cloud-hosting, web analytics provides, email servers and payment processors. These services may collect, process, transmit, report or store information on our behalf. Where we use third parties to process information, we take steps to ensure that they process your information in accordance with this Policy, relevant data protection laws and only for the purposes specified herein.
10. Security of Information
Eureka has implemented various measures to enhance the protection of personal information and mitigate the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. These measures include encryption, anonymization and de-personalization of information before sharing it to third parties, as well as managing access to information by our employees. Please note that while we strive to protect personal information from risks, we do not provide any guarantee or warranty of information security.
From time to time, Eureka would like to contact you with the special offers, product news and promotions that we provide. If you agree to us using your contact information for this purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/unsubscribe options we provide or by contacting Eureka directly. Please contact us at: email@example.com
12. Do Not Track (DNT)
Please note that our website and Apps do not at present honor DNT signals. If you are concerned about web tracking technologies, please review your browser’s privacy and security settings.
13. Your Responsibilities
It is your sole duty to keep your account information private, secure and confidential. You must disclose your password to any person or allow anyone else to use it. If you are concerned that your password is no longer confidential, please reset your password through the Eureka App or website. We do not have access to user passwords.
We may update this policy from time to time to accommodate our information collection practice or comply with applicable laws. In case significant changes, we will notify our users as soon as possible through emails provided to us and on this website.
15. Contact Information
If you have any questions, complaints or requests regarding our information we hold about you, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.